Tier 1 Entrepreneur Application
The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa category of the Points Based System is for those investing in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of one or more businesses in the United Kingdom (UK).
To make a successful entrepreneur visa application, applicants are required to score enough points based on
- The funds that are available to them to invest
- A Genuine and Viable Business Plan
- Their English Language skills
- Maintenance (living costs).
Applicant must meet the following criteria to apply for an Entrepreneur visa:
- You have access to at least £50,000 in investment funds, which are:
- Held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- Free to spend (“disposable”) on business in the UK
- You have access to £200,000 investment funds of your own or third party , the third party maybe one of the following:
- Family members (within the UK or overseas)
- Any other investor (within the UK or overseas)
- Any corporate body (within the UK or overseas)
- You need to demonstrate your English language ability by either
- Passing an approved English language test – CEFR – Level B1
- Holding a degree taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or above
- By being a national of a majority English speaking country
- You must prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you are in the UK, savings required depends on where the application is made from
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa category applies to the main applicant and all immediate family members, including spouse and children under the age of 18, the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is initially granted for 3 years and 4 months, you can apply to extend your visa for another 2 years.
To apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa you can also switch from other category whilst you are already in the UK.
If you are looking to establish your own business or invest in an existing business and would like more help and guidance on eligibility and requirements for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, then contact us to speak directly to a qualified Immigration Lawyer.
Our team here at Apply for UK Visa are waiting and ready to help you so do not delay and contact us today!